This doesn’t mean simply searching through our own listings - if you’ve got this far, we realise that you can do that yourself.
No, the Property Search Service means that we search through all of the properties that are on the market via all agents, and pick out the properties that correspond to your requirements and budget.
We are native English-speakers living full-time in France. We are like the introducer or broker, working on your behalf, while the listing agent represents the seller.
How does it work?
- We ask you for a note of your requirements:
- Number of bedrooms or square metres of living space
- Size of garden
- Is a pool necessary
- Town or village, or more rural?
- Preferred towns/areas/villages if you already know the area
- Would you renovate or redecorate?
- Your budget
How long does it take to do the search?
Ideally, you should contact us 2 to 3 weeks before your proposed trip to France. It takes us several hours to do the search, then you need time to consider our selections, and with the help of further information and photos, narrow it down to a relevant shortlist. It can take us a while to organise the viewing appointments as most French sellers don’t give agents a set of keys - we have to wait for them to be available. The schedule should be confirmed a week before you arrive if possible.
How many properties should we expect to view?
Usually between 4 and 8 properties. If we’ve done our job properly, we will have eliminated all of the properties that are not going to work for you, leaving a handful of really relevant options.
What is the cost?
We are only paid once we have found you a house that you go on to buy. Our fee is included in the advertised price of the property, so there is no additional cost.
What if I have already contacted other agents?
It is expected that once you have decided to use our Search Service, you will deal exclusively with us. This is not 100% essential, but it makes the whole process simpler and more efficient, and avoids repeated work and wasted time by all parties.
What does the service include?
- search for properties as detailed above
- organisation of viewings
- we accompany you during viewings
- act as translator between you and the French agent or seller
- negotiation on your behalf
- organisation of an RICS survey if you would like one
- explanation of the buying process (also see Buyers Guide available for download on the Register With Us page)
- liaison with an English-speaking notaire (solicitor)
- we accompany and assist you during the compromis de vente and acte de vente meetings, or organise a power of attorney for you if you can’t attend
- assistance with transfer of funds
- organisation of pre-signing inspection of the property before handover (to read meters, check condition of the property, ask the seller how everything works, and check the presence and condition of any furniture being purchased)
- transfer of utilities into your name
If you would like to take advantage if this service please contact us.